This post is sponsored by Takealot.com and is about indoor play.
Having 3 children means that I need to have lots of entertainment and activity ideas for the older 2 right now! My last born is only 9 weeks old and needs most of my attention, so I need to keep them occupied. My middle child who is almost 2 years old has so much energy, he needs to be entertained all the time!
He loves outdoor play and since we are in winter, he doesn’t get the opportunity to play outdoors as often as he would like to – or as often as I would allow him to in summer.
This winter, Takealot.com came to our rescue and helped us make winter great again! They have such an amazing range, and deals available for indoor play.
Online shopping has never been so easy for us moms!
Takealot is convenient because you can:
- Shop online, on your phone or on their app – anytime, anywhere.
- Pay with cash on delivery, no credit card needed and a number of other safe and easy payment methods.
- Free delivery on your first order, and every order worth R450 or more.
- Fast, reliable delivery anywhere in South Africa & hassle-free returns within 30 days if something isn’t right.
- You can track your order status on the website.
- You get an SMS notification regarding when to expect your delivery so you can make yourself available to collect it.
It’s your one stop shop – they have over 21 departments including a huge range available for kids.
I love that I can sit at my computer and shop till I drop without having to stress about taking all 3 kids out in the cold.
I’ve shopped on the site on several occasions and I’ve never been disappointed. I’ve always enjoyed their daily deals!
For the kids this winter, I ended up purchasing various activities/educational toys to keep them busy at home especially since I needed to keep them distracted whilst I gave my body time to recover after my C-Section. I needed a distraction with a purpose, one that would soothe the guilt that I would have had had I placed them in front of the TV.
I carefully selected toys in keeping with my kid’s personalities, likes, dislikes and what they enjoy doing. Kitana loves art while Kiaan loves messy play so I knew I had to get a combination of both so they wouldn’t end up fighting.
Play-Doh was on top of my list followed by puzzles, Lego, and an activity table.
I rounded up some of my favourite activities for you – most of the items can be found on Takealot!
100 Indoor Activity Ideas for Kids:
1. Play dress-up.
2. Color in colouring books.
I found an awesome art set on Takealot that will keep the little ones entertained for hours.
3. Play board games.
4. Play with bubbles.
The Step 2 Big Bubble Splash Water Table was a must-buy for me because it can be used in winter and summer!
It also allows kids to have a blast blowing bubbles galore!
5. Have a movie marathon day at home.
6. Bake cupcakes.
7. Learn with Puzzles.
Love the wooden puzzles from Melissa & Doug.
8. Finger painting.
This is always fun for my toddler.
9. Try science experiments.
10. Let them scribble in the Bathtub during bath time with bath crayons.
11. Grow A Maze (8 years and older).
12. Make a scrapbook.
13. Create spin art.
14. Make a doll.
15. Create with Play-doh.
There’s so much you can do with play-doh. It’s great for imaginative play.
16. Make coloured rice and let them sort it out on an activity table.
17. Try Embroidery.
18. Let them write, draw, and learn how to spell using a Chalkboard and different chalk colours.
19. Play hide and seek with the Melissa & Doug Giddy Buggy Tunnel.
20. Play Indoor golf.
21. Play foosball with the mini table.
22. Hop around with a Hopper.
23. Let them create music with the Melissa & Doug Wooden Caterpillar Xylophone.
24. Make slime.
25. Make scented bath bombs.
26. Create Mosaic Art.
27. Make Your Own Stretchy Goo.
28. Have fun Kinetic sand.
29. Try magic tricks.
30. Play with finger puppets.
31. Read a book.
32. Make paper aeroplanes.
33. Make bracelets for friends.
34. Decorate a chest set.
35. Make snow and let them create a snowman.
36. Get creative with foil.
37. Make shoe decorations.
38. Try Paper Weaving.
39. Make A Crystalite Wind Chime.
40. Make your own stamps.
41. Make 3D art.
42. Try knitting.
43. Make a Stepping Stone.
44. Create a story with a Reusable Sticker Pad.
45. Try sand art.
46. Color & cuddle with the washable bear.
47. Make tattoos.
48. Make beautiful artwork with a Spray Magic kit.
49. Make a superhero mask.
50. Have a tea party and design a tea set.
51. Try stained glass art.
52. Create a tooth fairy case.
53. Design your own headbands.
54. Let their imagination run wild with LEGO.
55. Make your own monster truck.
56. Have a spa day with a Pedicure and Slipper Decorating Kit!
57. Make a wooden box car.
58. Go crazy in a ball pit with an inflatable pool.
59. Have a dance party.
60. Make a blanket fort.
61. Have a picnic indoors.
62. Make a scavenger hunt.
63. Create a road tape and race with hot wheels.
64. Play a Parachute game.
65. Have a bath time session for the toy animals in an activity table.
66. Have a sack race. (You can also use pillowcases for this)
67. Have a winter campout in the living room.
68. Have an Indoor slide session.
69. Act out your child’s favourite book.
70. Play twister.
71. Get the kids to sort out the toys by Color in their room.
72. Jump rope.
73. Teach the kids how to hula hoop.
74. Bake cookies and let the kids decorate it.
75. Play the Jenga game.
76. Make pizza dough and let the kids create their own pizzas.
77. Try indoor hopscotch.
78. Paint rocks.
79. Make a volcano.
80. Try Indoor Fishing.
81. Make a town with a cardboard box and pens.
82. Create an indoor game with nerf guns – example knock the balls down.
83. Have a karaoke session.
84. Do cross word puzzles.
85. Play I spy.
86. Make coloured popcorn.
87. Learn to braid.
88. Play with walkie talkies.
89. Pretend play with play food.
90. Learn animal sounds.
91. Cut out shapes with the Melissa & Doug Scissor Skills Activity Pad.
92. Paint a canvas with glow in the dark paint.
93. Let the kids trace numbers, shapes, and alphabets on an activity book.
94. Play monopoly.
95. Try melted crayon shavings art.
96. Create a colour sorting sensory bag.
97. Play indoor basketball.
98. Play charades.
99. Create an obstacle course that includes a variety of motions (jumping, crawling, balancing, etc).
100. Mould animals with Clay.
There are so many activities you can do with the kids at home during winter, thanks to Takealot.com you can still be that Pinterest mom. ????