Black Friday is around the corner and I am sure you are looking forward to some good deals. Last year I ended up going over budget a little because Superbalist had all my favourites on sale and I managed to get most of them! Things are different this year though since we are in the middle of a pandemic which means the budget is tight.
I think the biggest lesson I have learned on Black Friday over the last few years is that it is so important to do your research and compare prices! Not every “deal” is really a deal.
5 Tips on how to do Black Friday right during a Pandemic:
1. Start planning your shopping list today and stick to your budget.
It is so easy to get sucked in and shop for items you do not even need.
Since I am on a budget, this year I am focusing only on Christmas gifts and makeup that I need like foundation etc. I have already done my research on pricing so I can sniff a good deal from a mile away.
I will also be using a separate card for this shopping specifically so I really cannot go over budget.
2. Sign up to the websites you keen on purchasing from so all the admin is out of the way! Don’t forget to Bookmark these websites on several devices if possible.
3. Create a Wishlist on each website you will be purchasing from and share it with your partner.
4. Add your credit card details (if you can) a day before the sale. Don’t forget about your eBucks, UCount cards, gift vouchers, etc.
5. Log in on more than one device a few minutes before midnight! We know that many of these websites crash so have a Black Friday partner ready to help you grab those deals that are sitting in your Wishlist cart.
Deals to check out this Black Friday:
Many South African websites are hosting specials for the entire month of November. I’m sharing a few of my favouties with you.
Superbalist has always been my first stop on Black Friday because they stock a few products I love from brands like Benefit cosmetics and more. I am confident that they will deliver again for Black Friday 2020.
Takealot.com has already started their Blue dot sale and have a few items that I am already considering purchasing as gifts. Check their website weekly for new deals.
Register here to get weekly mails on the deals.
Another favourite store for me to shop at during the festive season! I am looking forward to their Black Friday deals.
Pick n Pay
If you are thinking about doing some D.I.Y this festive season, you need to check out Leroy Merlin!
Avon and Justine
Walkersons Hotel and Spa, Mpumalanga
Aha hotels, nationwide
MSC does end up doing Black Friday every year but there’s the current happening:
Book a Balcony cabin for 2 guests and we will give you another Balcony cabin for another 2 guests for FREE*. The first two passengers pay their full cruise fare with mandatory fees and the other two ONLY pay mandatory charges. Take advantage of this promotion and call us on 087 630 0333 to make your booking. Deal valid until 16th November only! T’s & C’s apply.
This post was in collaboration with Superbalist.