Maybe I should ask first if you do the whole Black Friday thing? Honestly, I didn’t in the beginning when it first launched in South Africa but now I am kinda hooked especially if it’s a really good saving!
The big question many people ask if it’s actually worth it? The reality is that many stores have already raised their prices for the festive season but on this day, they bring it down a little lower for you.
For me, it is because I will most probably pay 10-20% more for the same item over December.
So, if you are thinking about doing Black Friday this year, here are a few of my tips to stay on top of it and don’t get sucked into every sale because let’s face it, it is easy to buy without thinking much.
When is Black Friday?
Black Friday 2019 falls on November 29th and Because Black Friday was originally a brick and mortar tradition, online retailers have adapted and taken Black Friday to the next level by extending it over the weekend and introducing Cyber Monday where prices drop even further. Naturally, Cyber Monday 2019 will be on the 2nd of December.
How to prepare for Black Friday:
- Make a list of stores/websites you want to check out on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Let’s be honest, as much as we would like to scroll through various websites or visit many stores, it won’t be possible. You will get frustrated. Planning is key!
- Decide on a budget and stick to it – I try to balance between home, Christmas gifts, and items I’ve been after for a long time for myself.
- Look at what are the terms and conditions for items bought on Black Friday.
- I normally shortlist 3 websites for Black Friday (Superbalist is always on that list) – I prefer shopping online than in-store.
- Create an account, download the app, save your address, etc and start creating your wish list now! This is an important step because it also limits you from buying unnecessary things.
- Stay up or wake up at 11 pm to prepare for midnight! All sales start at midnight so you need to be that keyboard warrior that will be one of the first people on the site.
- Open at least 2 of your 3 websites on different devices. You definitely need a tag team partner to win at Black Friday.
Superbalist is currently having Pre-Black Friday sales up to 40% off!
What Is Superbalist Doing For Black Friday 2019?
Superbalist is giving the people what they want by featuring the best Black Friday clothing deals online in South Africa. This year you can shop fashion for women, men, and kids, as well as your favourite beauty brands, apartment picks and sportswear at unreal discounts. Shop all our coveted brands at crazy low prices, from Adidas Originals to Nike, Converse, Fitbit, Timberland, and Missguided. And former Spree customers, don’t worry — we’ve got you covered too. All your go-to brands like Style Republic, Alpha Industries, Polo, Pringle of Scotland and Mango, the showstopping selection of plus size fashion and maternity wear will be available too. That’s more options than ever!
Some of my picks for Superbalist:
1. Linen look suit jacket
Superbalist actually has a good range of suits online. Since I am always attending events and meetings, I need to up my game on my dressing!
2. Storage for my makeup collection which is finally growing!
3. Black dress
4. Summer hat
5. Glitter hair clips
6. Benefit cakeless concealer
7. Tulle dress for my daughter
8. Micheal Kors Wonderlust Eau Fresh eau de toilette
9. Matching Adidas sets for my boys
10. Backpack for my husband
Check out more info on Superbalist’s current sale here.