This post was sponsored by takealot.com
I have been counting down the days to Black Friday because we desperately need a new TV. My little engineer Kiaan broke our TV more than 2 months ago! I know, I know you may be thinking why would you put yourself through all that craziness in store to save a few rands? Well, I don’t. I shop smart, I shop online at Takealot.com.
What is Black Friday?
Black Friday is undoubtedly the biggest shopping occasion in the Western world. It is marked as the beginning of the festive season shopping in the USA. Traditionally, Black Friday falls on the day after Thanksgiving. In 2012 Takealot.com – the online retailer – brought the global shopping phenomenon to South Africa. The event has since taken South Africa by storm, growing exponentially year-on-year.
Black Friday has always been exciting for me. It has become a tradition to stay up that night sipping coffee and counting down the clock to midnight. It also gives me a bit of an adrenaline rush because you have to be super-fast to secure the deal!
I use this opportunity to do my Christmas shopping and save money all in the comfort of my own home – without having to visit the busy malls and stand in long queues waiting to pay.
Online shopping is as simple as 1, 2, 3 with Takealot.com.
The best part is that this year they are offering shoppers a ‘bigger than ever’ series of sales – which has already started!
You can expect HUGE discounts on TVs and other electronics, beauty products, toys, games and of course baby products! This is the perfect time to stock up on essentials for the festive season.
With over 15,000 dramatically discounted deals, the retailer is cutting prices by up to 60% overall, and by as much as 80% on selected products in the iconic Blue Dot Sale – it is definitely not a sale to be missed.
I have already made a list of items that I am after. It is mainly for family and my kids – especially since Kitana already has a Christmas Wishlist.
Our list includes the following items on Takealot.com:
- A new TV.
- Diapers for the boys.
- A scooter for Kitana – Christmas present.
- A Trampoline for the kids (if on sale).
- A few Xbox games for my nephew.
Here are some tips for you this Black Friday:
1. Use your phone
- You might not have access to a computer or laptop, but most online stores have great mobile sites and apps. This means you can literally shop from anywhere – even from bed if you want to catch those midnight deals!
- There’s even more reason for Takealot.com customers to shop from their phones – the Takealot mobile app will offer shoppers exclusive Black Friday deals from as early as Tuesday 21st November, so app shoppers can bag selected discounts before anyone else!
- If you haven’t already then I would suggest downloading the Takealot mobile app now.
2. Plan your shop
- What are the top deals that you are really looking for? It can be easy to get caught up in the chaos and miss out on some of the best deals.
- At Takealot, shoppers can create a wish list – this allows you to start short-listing the items you really want ahead of time, and watch closely if they go down in price on the day.
3. Be first in line
- Online stores have the advantage of being able to open their virtual doors ahead of most malls – the Takealot Blue Dot Sale starts at 00:01AM on Friday 24 November.
- Fire up the kettle and keep the coffee brewing! Also make sure you sign up to any newsletters the stores have as their email database is often the first to hear of the specials.
4. Plan your payments and set a budget
- If you’re worried about over-spending, set a budget and stick to it. For Takealot customers who prefer to pay cash on delivery, take the cash out ahead of time. Or, if you’re looking to pay for your new TV with credit like Mobicred, make sure you set up a credit facility before the big day.
Takealot’s Blue Dot sale officially starts at 12.01 am on Friday, 24 November and runs through the weekend, for Cyber Monday and Takealot Tuesday so that you have enough time to secure those deals. 😉
App users can exclusively access some early bird Blue Dot Sale deals from 21 to 23 November to start snapping up certain deals before anyone else so make sure you download the app.
For me, it is about making the best of my budget and stretching my rands. It seems that everything is going up. I need to budget and for me Takealot.com is living up to its name – giving me a lot more for my rand.
WIN A R 500 TAKEALOT.COM VOUCHER!
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Share this post on social media.
2. Leave a comment – What products will you be looking out for on Black Friday on the Takealot website?
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES:
RSVP for Takealot.com Black Friday event on Facebook-> https://www.facebook.com/events/524760727877387/.
Tweet me: I want to WIN with @youbabyandi and @takealot. You can WIN too, enter here: https://goo.gl/2hU9jE. #BlackFriday #BlueDotSale #BlueIsTheNewBlack #YouBabyandI
Competition closes 24 November 2017.
Open to South Africans only.