Ever tried making Cheese Soufflé at home?
Just like you, I never did but always wanted to try to. I found many recipes online but they all were a bit intimidating for me as an amateur baker. Royal Baking Powder shared their recipe with me that I think you might find extremely easy. Happy Baking!
Easy Cheese Soufflé Recipe:
- Greaseproof paper and string
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) butter or margarine
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) cake flour
- 30ml milk
- 250ml (1 cup) grated cheddar cheese
- 5ml (1 tsp) Royal Baking Powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 extra-large eggs, separated
1. Cut pieces of greaseproof paper long enough to wrap around each medium ramekin.
2. Fold them in half, lengthways, and tie paper around each ramekin using string, so that the paper reaches about 2cm higher than the top of the ramekin.
3. Melt butter in a heavy-based saucepan.
4. Add flour and stir over low heat for 1 minute. Remove from heat, add milk and stir until smooth.
5. Return to medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
6. Add cheese, Royal Baking Powder and seasoning and stir until cheese has melted.
7. Beat egg yolks well and add to cheese mixture.
8. Beat egg whites until stiff peak stage and fold into mixture.
9. Pour into ungreased ramekins, filling almost to the rim of the ramekin.
10. Place in a roasting pan with enough boiling water to reach halfway up sides of ramekins.
11. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes.
Fold 200ml (3/4 cup) whole kernal corn into mixture, after adding the beaten egg yolks.
Don’t forget to take a picture of your delicious dish and share it on the Royal Baking Powder Facebook page @RoyalBakingPowderSA and use the #GetItRighwithRoyal.