Looking for easy recipes this Purtassi? Don’t worry, I got you covered! Let’s start with some yummy Chickpea Fritters first.
I will be sharing delicious recipes that Claire Allen has created especially for the fasting month using Almond Breeze products.
These recipes are so easy that anyone can make it… including me! 😉
Chickpea fritters is a perfect starter for a get-together or as a snack if you feel like nibbling on something.
How to make Chickpea Fritters
By Claire Allen
- 400 g can chickpea, drained and rinsed
- 5 tbsp Almond Breeze
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 spring onions
- 2 tbsp of chives
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 4 tsp harissa
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
1. Blitz half the can of chickpeas in a food processor until smooth.
2. Add flour, baking powder, garlic, harissa, seasoning.
3. Add the Almond Breeze and fold in the whole chickpeas and chopped spring onions, chives, and mint.
4. Heat the oil and fry in batches, enjoy.
Almond Breeze Original is a great tasting, creamy alternative to dairy and soy milk. Their almond milk has many beneficial health properties and offers the perfect alternative to those that are lactose intolerant.
- 200 kilojoules per 250 ml.
- A source of Calcium and Vitamins A, D and E.
- A naturally cholesterol free food.
- A naturally dairy-, soy-, lactose-, peanut-, egg-, casein-, gluten- and MSG free food.
- A naturally low in saturated fat food.
- Suitable for vegans.
- Non genetically modified.
INGREDIENTS: Water, Sugar, Almonds (2%), Mineral (Calcium Carbonate), Sea Salt, Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin), Stabiliser (Gellan Gum), Vitamins (A, D and E).
Claire Allen is The Foodie In Love.
The multi-talented food entertainer, entrepreneur, and blogger is making her mark in the food world. Bitten by the entrepreneurial bug in her teens, Claire launched her thriving events company, Signature Productions. Claire has become a weekly celebrity chef contributor to South Africa’s popular daily entertainment programs, Expresso.
In 2014, Claire decided to expand her passion for food. Inspired by the rise of reality cooking shows, she decided to enter the third season of MasterChef South Africa. After the show she combined her love for food and entertainment, launching her now popular blog, Food Is Love and her career as a food entertainer.
Find Claire online:
Facebook: Claire AllenSa