I’m not a pro in the kitchen (we all know that by now) but I loving using products that make my life easier. DEFY has answered my prayers!
Being a mom of 3 means I spend less time in the kitchen. Everything has to be done in a rush in the afternoons to make sure the kids eat a good meal before they fall asleep. The Defy hand blender helps me get things done faster in the kitchen and the best part is that it is so easy to clean!
Did you know?
A hand blender is a “hidden secret” that is used in many professional kitchens.
I never owned a hand blender before so this was pretty new to me, however, now I understand why it is so popular! They’re incredibly versatile and affordable.
10 uses for a hand blender:
1. Beat Eggs.
2. Making Smoothies and Milkshakes.
3. Blending Pancake Batter.
4. Puréeing Soup.
5. Puréeing baby food.
6. Making Whipped Cream.
7. Puréeing Tomato Sauce.
8. Making Mayonnaise.
9. Making Mashed Potatoes.
Kitana loves baking so of course, she wanted me to use it to make pancakes first.
The Defy hand blender features:
The high-quality stainless-steel blender, whisk and fourfold stainless-steel blade will create endless possibilities for you in the kitchen. Switch between a variety of speed settings, including a turbo function by selecting your desired speed. The DEFY blender set is perfect for whipping up a quick, easy and delicious breakfast.
- Black and stainless steel.
- Six speed settings plus extra turbo function.
- High-quality stainless-steel blender stainless steel whisk and fourfold stainless-steel blades.
- Multi-chopper anti-slip rubber pad/keep fresh lid and wall bracket accessory.
- Versatile dishwasher safe measuring cup with 700ml capacity.
How to make Apple Vanilla Greek Yogurt Pancakes using a hand blender:
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 13 mins
Serves: 5 medium pancakes
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large egg whites (1 large egg will also work)
- ¼ cup vanilla non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat or griddle at about 160 degrees Celsius, and coat it with cooking spray.
2. Add ingredients into your DEFY hand blender in the order listed and blend until smooth.
3. *Pour batter onto skillet/griddle until desired size of pancakes is reached. Cook until the edges begin to look dry and bubbles start to pop on the top of the pancake.
4. Using a spatula, flip and cook a couple more minutes on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter, making sure to coat your skillet again with oil or cooking spray between each batch.
5. Serve with your favourite toppings and enjoy!
These clean-eating Apple Vanilla Greek Yogurt Pancakes can be whipped up in the blender and simply poured onto a heated griddle for an incredibly easy, but delicious breakfast!