I’m not sure about you but for me, in winter, I love indulging in a good dessert. Ok, I have a sweet tooth so desserts are my weakness. When I came across these, I just had to share it with you.
Peach, cardamom and pistachio upside-down cake
- 100 grams of pistachio ( 50 grams crushed, 50 grams for decoration)
- 100 grams of butter
- 3/4 cup of castor sugar
- 1 cup of Sasko flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of full cream plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp cardamon
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest
- 1 tin of peaches (drained)
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Pomegranate seeds for decoration
- At the bottom of a springform tin, place the peaches and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Beat the butter and sugar till pale and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add dry ingredients and fold.
- Add the zest and yoghurt, fold until well combined.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 40- 45 mins
Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then turn the cake around it’s the peach bottom on top.
Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and pistachio
Serve with whipped cream
Salted caramel chocolate soufflé
- 1/3 cup of Water
- 3/4 cup of Castor sugar
- 50 grams of Butter
- 1/4 cup of Cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place water and sugar in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Cook until the colour changes to amber, about 5 mins.
- Gently add the butter and stir.
- Add the cream and teaspoon of salt.
- Stir till well combined and allow to cool.
- 150 dark chocolate
- 150 butter
- 3 eggs separated
- 150 icing sugar
- 50 cocoa powder
- 60 grams of Sasko cake flour
- Melt chocolate over a Bain Marie.
- Once melted add the butter and stir.
- Beat egg whites till stiff peaks form.
- Whisk the egg yolks and then add to chocolate mixture.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture and lastly add the egg whites. Fold until well combined.
Pour into a ramekin, fill approximately 3/4 of the way and pipe the centre with salted caramel.
Bake for 12-15 mins on 180 degrees.
Once done place the chocolate soufflé onto a plate and sprinkle with cocoa and decorate with an edible flower. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Recipe credit: https://www.instagram.com/justtbaked/