Doona is in South Africa!
I’m sure by now you know how excited I get when a new brand comes to South Africa… especially if I’ve stalked the brand online.
When I heard Doona was coming to South Africa, I knew I had to get a piece of the cake for my readers. 😉
Doona™ is the only car seat in the world that goes from car seat to stroller in seconds.
It’s amazing to see how far we’ve come with regards to baby products and how convenient they becoming.
Moving a car seat from the car to a stroller can be frustrating at times especially if you alone and in a hurry.
Doona was created to make things simple.
Doona™ has three modes for use in different situations:
- Car Seat mode – This mode is intended for use in a vehicle. The wheels are tucked under the Doona body and the handle is placed in Anti-Rebound mode and pressed against the vehicle seat back to prevent rebounding in case of a crash. Doona should only be used in car seat mode when in a vehicle.
- Pull-Along mode – This mode is intended for walking and maneuvering in tight or crowded spaces. The wheels are out and the handle is in the vertically upright position to allow puling the Doona right alongside the parent.
- On-the-Go mode – This mode is intended for walking in open spaces – just like a stroller. The wheels are out and the handle is extended in a 45-degree angle towards the parent.
What you need to know about Doona:
- Unlike other car seats, the unique structure of DoonaTM enables positioning its handle against the car’s seatback. In a case of collision, Doona’s Anti-Rebound handle absorbs tremendous forces and prevents Doona from quickly rotating backward, thus providing the baby with unparalleled Anti-Rebound protection and dramatically reducing rebound injuries. And since the handle is part of the Doona, babies enjoy anti-rebound protection whether using an Isofix base or not.
- Doona’s unique double-wall structure, designed to allow the folding of the Doona wheels, creates an additional layer around the baby and enhances side-impact protection.
- Based on energy-absorbing memory foam technology, The Doona™ Side Impact Head Support provides the baby with improved side impact protection.
- Misuse and improper installation are common injury causes for different car seats and strollers in the market. With this in mind, Doona™ was developed to include multiple fail-safe mechanisms preventing the following:
- Unintentional folding / unfolding of Doona
- Sudden extension of the Doona handle while in carry mode
- Rotation of the Doona handle while in “on-the-go” mode”
Doona’s fail-safe mechanisms prevent parents, and caregivers, from accidently misusing Doona, thus improving babies’ safety.
- Inspired by the position of baby in its mother’s arms, DoonaTM was designed, alongside medical and engineering experts, to assure that the baby’s body is properly supported in an ergonomic position. And while babies should not be left harnessed for longer than is needed (as is the case for any baby product) parents can rest assured that when used properly their baby is safe and sound in Doona.
- Doona’s newborn infant insert was specially designed to cradle and support newborn infants. The Insert’s near-flat ergonomic design boosts newborns’ upper and lower back and ensures the infant’s neck and back are ergonomically aligned. The infant insert is made from anti-bacterial, hypoallergenic, thermal regulating bamboo fabric, and it is safely anchored to the Doona to prevent involuntary shifting. Once the infant reaches 5 kg, the insert can easily be removed as it is not required for larger babies.
- Unlike some top-selling car seats in Europe, all Donnas are equipped with a 5-point harness, which provides higher protection in case of an accident. The 5-point harness distributes the forces in a collision between the baby’s shoulders and hips, as opposed to the 3-point harness in which all forces are absorbed by the baby’s shoulders and neck. A 5-point harness also better restrains the baby in the car seat, thus reducing forward head excursions and minimizing the risk of ejection during a crash.
2. Standards and Certifications
- Doona is the only product globally to have successfully been tested and certified under 3 different stringent baby product standards – Car Seats, Strollers, and Reclined Cradles. Moreover, Doona has been certified under these three standards in both Europe and the US.
- Experts agree that the best way to protect a baby in a plane is to properly restrain the baby in an approved infant car seat. Doona™ is the ideal solution for air travel since it is extremely easy to use all the way to the plane and it has been certified by the US and European authorities for safe use onboard an aircraft.
Rearward facing infant car seat
Infant Weight: 1.8-13Kg
Product weight: 7kg
3. Design and Practicality
- Doona™ has won numerous design and innovation awards globally. These awards include the 2014 Innovation awards at the Kind und Jugend (Germany) and ABC (USA) shows, the most prestigious awards in the Juvenile industry worldwide.
- Wide range of accessories – Currently there are 9 unique Doona accessories which can help personalize Doona™ to fit exact needs.
4. Quality Assurance
- Every Doona which comes off the production line is tested by a specialized Quality Assurance team member for 20 minutes in order to ensure that all of Doona’s mechanism are functional and the products meet the highest quality standards. This process is conducted above and beyond the relevant regulations and is a testament of Simple Parenting’s commitment to quality.
For more information on the brand visit www.simpleparenting.co.
The Doona will retail for R 6999.
Durban: Baby World
JHB CBD: Baby Fantasy and A-Z Baby World
Cape Town: Kids Living-Greenpoint
Be the first in the country to own a Doona infant car seat!
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Leave a comment below – Tell me which is your favorite feature?
2. Follow Doona on Facebook – www.facebook.com/DoonaSouthAfrica
3. Share this post on social media.
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES:
1. Sign up to my newsletter on the right-hand side.
2. Tweet about the competition:
I want to WIN with #DoonaSA and @youbabyandi. You can WIN too, enter here: http://goo.gl/vHxaID.
Competition closes 19 May 2016. Good luck!
Opened to South African residents only.