Create the perfect romantic date with a home cooked meal and keep the heat in the kitchen this month with easy to master, yet delightfully delicious recipes in the Philips Avance Airfryer XL.
5,000 South African’s voted the Philips Avance Airfryer XL as product of the year in the Small Cooking Appliance Category done by the Consumer Survey of Innovation 2015 by Nielsen.
Knowing that February is the month of love, Philips is sharing its decadent, easy date-night recipes that will leave a sweet taste in your and your partner’s mouth. The nifty device will reduce your cooking time leaving you with more hours on the clock to love the moments shared with the people you value most. Not to mention this simple, yet effective appliance boasts up to 80% less fat when cooking meals, something which is unheard of for any fryer on the market.
King prawns in ham with red pepper dip
- 10 minutes preparation
- ± 28 minutes in Airfryer
- ± 35 minutes in oven
- 1 large red bell pepper,
- halved10 (frozen) king prawns, defrosted
- 5 slices of raw ham
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Tapas forks
- Preheat the Airfryer to 220°C. Put the bell pepper in the basket and slide it into the Airfryer.
- Set the timer to 10 minutes. Roast the bell pepper until the skin is slightly charred.
- Put the bell pepper in a bowl and cover it with a lid or cling film. Let the bell pepper rest for 15 minutes.
- Peel the prawns, make an incision in the back and remove the black vein. Halve the slices of ham lengthwise and wrap each prawn in a slice of ham.
- Coat the parcels with a thin film of olive oil and put them in the basket. Slide the basket into the Airfryer and set the timer to 3 minutes. Fry the prawns until crispy and just right.
- In the meantime, peel the skin off the bell pepper halves, remove the seeds and cut the pepper into pieces.
- Puree the bell pepper in the blender with the garlic, paprika and olive oil. Pour the sauce into a dish and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the prawns in ham in a platter with tapas forks and add the small dish with red pepper dip.
Roasted rack of lamb with a macadamia crust
- 10 minutes preparation
- ± 30 minutes in Airfryer
- ± 40 minutes in oven
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 800 g rack of lamb
- pepper & salt
- 75 g unsalted macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp. breadcrumbs (preferably homemade)
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 egg
- Finely chop the garlic. Mix the olive oil and garlic to make garlic oil. Brush the rack of lamb with the oil and season with pepper & salt.
- Preheat the Airfryer to 100°C.
- Finely chop the nuts and place them into a bowl. Stir in the breadcrumbs and rosemary. Whisk the egg in another bowl.
- To coat the lamb, dip the meat into the egg mixture, draining off any excess. Coat the lamb with the macadamia crust.
- Put the coated lamb rack in the Airfryer basket and slide the basket into the Airfryer. Set the timer for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, increase the temperature to 200°C and set the timer for another 5 minutes. Remove the meat and leave to rest, covered with aluminium foil, for 10 minutes before serving.
Ricotta and lemon cheese cake
- 10 minutes preparation
- ± 25 minutes in Airfryer
- ± 32 minutes in oven
- 1 (organic) lemon
- 500g ricotta
- 150g sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp. corn starch
- Extra: 20 cm round oven dish
- Preheat the Airfryer to 160˚ C.
- Zest the lemon. In a bowl, combine the ricotta, sugar, vanilla essence, 1 tbsp. lemon juice and the lemon zest. Stir the ingredients until they are well combined and form a homogeneous consistency.
- Add the eggs one at a time and stir well. Add the corn starch and mix well. Pour the mixture into the oven dish.
- Place the dish into the Airfryer basket and slide the basket into the Airfryer, set the timer for 25 minutes. The cheesecake is ready when the timer rings and the centre is set. Place the dish on a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
For more amazing recipes, visit this link to the Philips My Kitchen Platform, try some recipes for yourself and let Philips know what you think.
Also visit their Facebook and Twitter page for more scrumptious recipes and tips to impress with.
That lamb looks amazing. I haven’t had lamb since I was a small girl living on a sheep farm in Beaver, Pennsylvania. I remember picking strawberries from our large patch and rhubarb for pies, but for the life of me, I can’t remember what lamb taste like or if I even liked it. But again, the above photo looks amazing and it would be worth trying in my now “mature” years.
That lamb looks awesome.. i am going to see if we can make that sooner then later. thanks!
Thanks! I will have to make one of these for my boyfriend.
These are great tips! I think my husband would love that rack of lamb!
AMAZING ideas here! That ricotta and lemon cheesecake looks so amazing! I am adding that to my recipe box!
I know, I’m drooling just looking at the picture.
I have not had lamb in forever. I have the Air Fryer and I am always looking for new recipes to try. Will have to get out during the winter break and try the lamb recipe.
Whoa. It all looks amazing. I love lemon anything so I can would LOVE to try the ricotta lemon cake! Mmm
These recipes look so good. The lemon ricotta cheesecake looks amazing.
The rack of lamb looks so delicious. The topping looks to die for.
ooow greàt menu this is defintly … ilove everything
A lemon cheesecake sounds so delicious, I could really use a slice of that right now!
This is interesting! My hubby was checking out air fryers right before Christmas and he could not find one with great reviews – Now I will be sharing this! 🙂
Thanks for reading. 🙂
Ricotta and Lemon Cheese Cake is the first recipe i will have to try. It looks delicious.
The king prawns sound interesting and definitely something I would like to try! The Airfryer sounds great! I will have to look into this brand.
Those prawns look great. Would love to try them. For sure though, I am sending the ricotta and lemon cheesecake recipe to my hubby. He does all our cooking and I can’t wait to try that one. Oh my….
Ahhhh now this is my kinda post!!!! We can never get a sitter so it’s always date nights in for us!
I haven’t made lamb before, but I know hubby would like it. The cheesecake looks good too.
All that food looks delicious! I’ve never owned an Airfryer before maybe it’s time too. =)
These are definitely awesome and easy recipe’s we all could give a try!
That cheesecake looks amazing and pretty easy to make! Thanks for sharing
These are some great sounding recipes. I would love to try the cheese pie.
Shrimp is one of my favorites too. I love easy sauteed shrimp with garlic and butter with potatoes!
That rack of lamb looks absolutely delicious. Lamb is one of my favorite foods and I haven’t had it in awhile.
Oh my goodness … those prawns look absolutely amazing! I will be trying these for sure, and by the sound of them, they may get added to my “go-to” party appetizer list.
What a lovely meal! I love the fact that it is light and easy to digest too.
I never heard of this company until now. This looks like a very interesting product. I’m going to check this out…I love anything, that’s makes cooking easy and fun.
These do look easy! I have never worked with lamb before but I just might tackle this recipe.
Those prawns! Yum! They’re mouth-watering! I love prawns. I have never tried lamb though.
Oh that cheesecake would be right up my alley. I love anything with lemon, so perfect for the warmer spring and summer.
I also use airfryer to make dinners every evening for my husband and I. The meat is never dry
and it tastes delicious. I love cooking again because of the shorter cooking time and the
cleanup is a breeze. We are eating healthier now, and the food tastes amazing.