It’s World Cupcake day and to celebrate, Royal Baking Powder is sharing a super easy recipe for mint chocolate cupcakes because let’s face it, you can’t go wrong with baking powder. 😉
My kids love cupcakes so this is one treat I am always baking at home however I’ve never made mint ones before.
I was a bit nervous on how it might taste but luckily the mint wasn’t overwhelming for me. It’s something different from what the kids are used to but my daughter enjoyed it!
How to make Mint chocolate cupcakes
makes 1 two-layer cake
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 125ml (1/2 cup) cooking oil
- 125ml (1/2 cup) castor sugar
- 5ml (1 tsp) peppermint essence
- a few drops of green food colourant
- 500ml (2 cups) cake flour
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) Royal Baking Powder
- 2ml (1/4 tsp) salt
- 200ml (3/4 cup) milk
- 50g slab mint chocolate, coarsely grated
How to make CHoCOLATE GLACÉ ICING
- 375ml (11/2 cups) icing sugar
- about 30ml (2 Tbsp) cocoa powder
- about 45ml (3 Tbsp) warm water
- extra mint chocolate, coarsely decorated for decorating
Whisk eggs, oil and castor sugar together until light and creamy. Add essence and food colourant and whisk lightly.
Sift flour, Royal Baking Powder, and salt together. Add to egg mixture, alternately with milk. Fold in grated chocolate and mix well.
Spoon the mixture into paper cups, filling each two-thirds full. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg for 12-15 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
Icing: Sift icing sugar and cocoa powder together. Add warm water and beat until just smooth and creamy in consistency. Ice the cooled cupcakes. Decorate with grated mint chocolate.
Take a picture of your delicious dish and share it on the Royal Baking Powder Facebook page @RoyalBakingPowderSA and use the #GetItRightwithRoyal