Do you love Doughnuts? Yes, you do! Like who doesn’t right? 😉
Doughnuts are not exactly easy to make or that’s what many of us assume, right? To be honest, I didn’t even know you could make eggless doughnuts until I came across this recipe from Royal Baking powder.
My daughter has a few allergies and because of this, I have to be super careful about the ingredients I use when cooking or baking. I know that allergies have become a bigger problem over the past years for many of us so I really think this recipe will be a lifesaver for you if you don’t or can’t eat eggs!
How to make a delicious batch of eggless doughnuts:
This recipe makes about 24 (small).
What you need:
- 750ml (3 cups) cake flour
- 20ml (4 tsp) Royal Baking Powder
- 1ml (pinch) salt
- 60g butter or margarine
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white sugar
- about 200ml (3/4 cup) milk
- Cooking oil for deep-frying
- Cinnamon sugar for coating
- Sift flour, Royal Baking Powder, and salt together.
- Rub in butter with fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add sugar. Add the milk, cut it with a knife and knead lightly to a soft dough.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1cm and cut out rounds with a doughnut cutter.
- Alternately, shape into medium-size balls and make a hole with the handle end of wooden spoon to form rings.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan and deep-fry doughnuts in hot oil, turning constantly until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towel and cool.
- Coat doughnuts in cinnamon-sugar.
Variations: Dip doughnuts into melted chocolate or drizzle icing over.
Take a picture of your delicious dish and share it on the Royal Baking Powder Facebook page @RoyalBakingPowderSA and use the #GetItRighwithRoyal.