Looking for a Gluten-free tart recipe? This one might be something different to try + turmeric has so many benefits for your health which makes this a healthy tart recipe to try. 😉
Turmeric helps with inflammation and boosts your immune system plus so much more. There’s no reason not to include it in your diet or even use it on your face as a face mask (which I do).
This recipe makes 1 x 20 cm tart.
For the crust:
- 1 and 1/4 cup Moir’s desiccated coconut
- ½ cup almonds flakes
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 pinch of salt
For the topping:
- 1 tsp golden syrup
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ tsp turmeric
For the filling:
- 2 tins coconut milk
- 16 pods cardamom, crushed
- 2 cinnamon sticks, lightly crushed
- 1 thumb of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 4 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup Maizena corn flour
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup golden syrup
For the base
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a food processor pulse the coconut, oats, almonds, and brown sugar.
- Add the egg white and salt and pulse to combine.
- Using damp fingers press the dough evenly into a greased tart tin.
- Bake crust until evenly browned for about 20 to 25 minutes and allow to cool.
For the topping
- Toss the coconut flakes, turmeric, and syrup in a bowl until evenly coated.
- Bake on a sheet until golden brown and allow to cool.
For the filling
- In a saucepan, combine and simmer the coconut milk, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, and turmeric.
- Remove from heat, cover, and allow to infuse for 20 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl add the egg yolks, Maizena (corn flour), syrup, and salt and whisk until smooth and fluffy
- Strain the infused coconut milk into the egg mixture
- Return to saucepan and while whisking, bring to medium heat.
- Bring mixture to the boil, allow to thicken and become silky.
- Pour mixture into the crust base and allow to set in fridge for at least 2 hours
- Top with coconut flakes for serving.