Crunchy Korean fried chicken – Makes 12 pieces
Since we are spending loads of time now at home due to lockdown, the one thing many of us have been doing is cooking! If you are looking for a new yummy recipe to try, this might be it. I never tried Korean fried chicken before to be honest but now, it might just become one of my favorites.
12 pack chicken braai pack
1 tsp fine sea salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup of Maizena corn flour
Cooking oil for deep frying
3 Tbsp Tomato Sauce
2 Tsp Chilli paste
¼ Cup honey
¼ cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp Soy sauce
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp sesame oil
Chopped spring onion
- In a bowl mix Maizena, salt, and pepper. Coat the chicken pieces on the dry corn flour mix, remove place on a dish
- Add approx. 60ml water to remaining Maizena to make a batter
- In a deep saucepan add a generous amount of oil on a medium heat until the oil temperature reaches 175 C / 347 F.
- Dip floured chicken piece into the Maizena batter right before carefully placing in the oil, fry for 3-5 minutes in small batches to avoid overcrowding.
- Take out the done chicken and place them onto some kitchen paper while frying the remaining chicken pieces.
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a pot and bring to the boil, remove from the heat
- Deep-fry the chicken again when the oil temperature reaches 175 C until the batter is golden and crisp.
- Coat the chicken in the sauce completely and serve with a sprinkling of sesame seeds or spring onion.