Mommy Facebook Groups are the new online forums. 99% of them are closed groups which allow you to speak about anything and everything in your life even the TMI info you are too scared to tell your spouse.
35 type of Moms you will find in every Mommy Facebook Group:
1. The mom who posts a screen shot from someone else’s page or group.
2. The mom who wants to create a “Pinterest” party but has no idea how.
3.The first time mom who is having contractions 10 minutes apart and not sure if she’s in labor.
4. The mom who wants to start a debate and brings up controversial topics like bottle feeding vs breastfeeding.
5. The “in-house” Doctor who gives advice on everything and anything.
6. The mom who complains about brands and their crappy products.
7. The mom who lives for coupons and sales.
8. The mom who is obsessed with D.I.Y projects.
9. The mom who bargains for best photos at the cheapest rate.
10. The mom who thinks she’s an expert on your marriage.
11. The constant complainer who treats Facebook as a therapy session.
12. The mom whose the sexpert in the group.
13. The mom that comments on every post.
14. The stalker – the mom that will message you privately and swear you.
15. The brutally honest mom at whom people are always shouting.
16. The mom who wants to leave work so that she can be a stay at home mom.
17. The stay at home mom who wants to go back to work.
18. The mommy who wants to host play dates.
19. The Google expert who copies and pastes everything.
20. The emotional mom who is overwhelmed by motherhood.
21. The perfectionist who doesn’t care how much it cost.
22. The foodie mom who shares recipes.
23. The joint Facebook account mom whose husband secretly spy’s on posts.
24. The observer who comes with popcorn and watches the drama unfold.
25. The over-sharer who shares everything and anything.
26. The braggart who informs everyone that her child eats broccoli.
27. The taggers – the mom who refers businesses and people in appropriate posts.
28. The entrepreneur mom who is trying to sell a product in posts.
29. The once upon a time party animal who misses wine…
30. The thunder stealer who takes over your post.
31. The mommy blogger who is trying to promote her online diary.
32. The late game mom who shares a post weeks after everyone else.
33. Your husband’s best friends wife who is waiting to embarrass you in public.
34. The mom who is hoping to sell second-hand items.
35. The pregnant mom who posts bump pictures.
This post isn’t to offend anyone but rather laugh at ourselves. 😉 I definitely fit in more than one group here.
Mommy groups has helped me gain new friends, new readers and given me tips for motherhood.
The truth is no one has it figured out and we all want to learn from each other.
My advice; ignore the judgemental mom, motivate the emotional mom and advise the first time mom.
Sometimes we need to be reassured that we doing the right thing and who better to ask than a mom herself? The internet is an amazing resource for moms if used correctly.
I’m a mix of diy and silent observer hehe
Hehe I’m the silent observer most of the time but comment when I need to. Also number 18 and 31. 😛
I’m not really big into Facebook so I seldom post any photos and comment with my friends. I love chatting my friends in Facebook messenger in iPhone and good thing I don’t need to open my fb profile but not looking and reading their post. I think if i will check one of my friend I will stay whole day and done nothing at all.
Haha, this is so true! I’m not a mother yet, but I’m friends with quite a few people who are and see this a lot 🙂
Haha! So true and it drives me crazy. I can’t stand the know it alls.
I’m not a mom but I am in a few blogger Facebook groups and this list describes those people perfectly…HA!
These are hilarious and Oh, so true!! I am a foodie, so I love to share food recipes, but not all the time. And every once in a while, I’ll grab my popcorn and watch the drama unfold! lol
this is awesome! I was in a pregnancy community board before having my son and there was one of everyone of these moms lol!