It is the 4th day in January and like me, many people head back to reality today. A new day and a new year await us.
“They,” say Monday is the perfect day to correct last week’s mistakes but in this case – last year’s mistakes especially because it is the first Monday of 2016.
We have a chance to start over and do things a little different this year. It could mean waking up earlier every morning to miss peak hour traffic or spending more time with your family in the afternoons.
2015 was an amazing year for me but it was also difficult. I struggled to cope with work and home so I am hoping things will be better this year.
Firstly I want to apologize to you – I know that I have been quiet but I am trying my best to find the energy to blog! Because this is what I love doing. During the past 2 weeks, I have had no motivation whatsoever to sit down and write. I shut myself out from the world and hid behind my walls… It seems like I crashed… and now I know why!
I am back on a contraceptive pill and my last experience with this specific brand felt exactly the same. I totally forgot about this but my husband reminded me yesterday and now everything makes sense. I am on an emotional rollercoaster but I am getting up again and in order to do that, I needed to set myself goals and resolutions for the year. I was never big on new year’s resolutions but this year is different… I feel that it is important.
20 Resolutions for the New Year!
1. I will stop being so hard on myself. Motherhood is a bumpy road; I need to realize that I cannot do everything on my own. Sometimes it is okay to ask for help.
2. I will spend quality time with my kids and husband without the phone or tablet.
3. I will dedicate one night a week for long bubble baths without an audience.
4. I will walk with confidence and stop worrying about what others think about me.
5. I will stop comparing myself and competing with her – you know that mom who has it all together?
6. I will remind my husband daily how much I love him and what he means to me.
7. I will let go of unhealthy relationships and everything negative.
8. I will remember how blessed I am and help those around me.
9. I will stop trying to control everything and learn to do things spontaneously.
10. I will take a moment of time for me and stop feeling guilty about it.
11. I will get rid of fear, speak up for what I believe in and keep trying to achieve my goals.
12. I will read more often to my kids and create a better night schedule that includes no TV for my toddler.
13. I will pray more.
14. I need to learn to take a minute to breathe and remember that I am doing a good job.
15. I need to make time for family and friends and remember how important it is to value the time with them.
16. I need to learn to pat myself on the back for all the small accomplishments I achieved.
17. I need to cook more often with my husband and try different cuisines.
18. I need to stop complaining about messy rooms and dirty children because Motherhood is messy and part of making memories is creating a mess.
19. I need to learn to live with the idea that for the next couple months there will be a lack of sleep, lots of poopy diapers and tantrums.
20. There will be days that I will feel like quitting but I need to remember that I AM STRONG.
Remember time and how precious it is – there are only 12 months; 365 days. 8,766 hours. 525,949 minutes and 31,556,926 seconds.
So what is your plan?