When I think FORD, I think about their sporty cars. To be honest, I never bothered researching the brand until recently when I came across them on twitter. Ford was never a brand I considered first when shopping for cars – maybe because it’s my perception of them?
Ever since I started blogging, I’ve been opened up to an entirely new world! Seriously, I now find myself standing in the aisle thinking harder when it comes to choosing a product at the mall because I know brands and finally have an understanding of their background.
Car reviews are still something new for me – I’ve done it only once before but I really want to do it more often because like many of you – it took me a long time to decide which car to get for my family And I am still not happy! I wish I had more boot space for my shopping and strollers.
Well… Ford introduced a vehicle that gives you that!
Ford’s B-MAX is definitely a mom car. It has clever features that make it practical for the entire family. It’s car I would use to run around the city with my kids in the back and my one-ton luggage in the boot.
It’s engineered for outstanding safety and simplicity and that is what attracts me to the vehicle. The new model achieves superb fuel economy which is a big plus for me and low CO2 emissions.
It comes in 3 different models:
From R234,900 (Incl. VAT)
From R261,900 (Incl. VAT)
From R287,900 (Incl. VAT)
Honestly, I would choose the higher end one to get the most out of the car.
The EcoBoost Titanium has extra features like:
- LED daytime running lights
- Parking distance sensors – Front (Standard)
- Child observation mirror (Standard)
- Heated seats – driver & passenger (Standard) and so much more!
The B-MAX is packed full of ingenious features, from its unique door concept to the powerful SYNC voice control system.
The unique Ford Easy Access Door System delivers new levels of convenience, flexibility and access.
When both front and rear doors of the B-MAX are open, interior access is made easy. With a clear aperture of more than 1.5 metres wide, attending to children, or loading and unloading shopping is significantly easier.
The flexible seating system features 60/40 split rear seats that can be folded flat with a simple “one-hand, one-motion” mechanism. The front passenger seat can also be folded, creating an extensive flat load floor from front to rear. With seven different seat-folding combinations and an adjustable luggage compartment floor, the B-MAX is equipped for all kinds of cargo.
What I love:
- Ford SYNC® offers hands-free dialing and other voice-activated services to help drivers keep their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel. SYNC2® – equipped vehicles offer “Do not disturb,” which works when a driver has connected his or her smartphone to SYNC2®; the feature blocks incoming calls and texts – diverting calls to voicemail and saving texts to be read later.
- Can connect my USB stick to listen to music.
- Rear-view camera – which is a big help for me.
- Tyre pressure monitoring system.
- Heated windscreen – This will help clear frost or mist from the windscreen in seconds.
- Automatic headlights and windscreen wipers.
- Full-length panoramic roof.
- Access from three sides.
- More space – Adjustable floor can be removed completely, or set low to create a deeper luggage compartment.
- Good view of outside especially for the kids – Large windows.
- The seven state-of-the-art airbags – the driver and front-seat passenger airbags, a driver knee airbag, 3D Thorax side airbags and curtain airbags that run the entire length of the cabin.
WHAT I DISLIKE:
- Not sure if I would travel long distance with the car – just doesn’t have enough power for me.
- Manual Gearbox – I am a lazy driver… 😛
Warranty and Service Plan:
The B-MAX is sold with a 4-year/120 000km Comprehensive Warranty, 4-year/60 000km Service Plan, 3-year/unlimited km Roadside Assistance and 5-year/unlimited km Corrosion Warranty. Service intervals are every 20 000km.
MOM AND BRANDS RATING:
The big highlight for me is the Safety & Security.
The B-MAX is true to the Ford fun-to-drive brand, offering outstanding agility and manoeuvrability designed specifically for the cut and thrust of city driving.
Formore information check out the website: http://www.ford.co.za/cars/b-max, OR follow the brand on www.facebook.com/FordSouthAfrica, www.twitter.com/FordSouthAfrica , www.instagram.com/FordSouthAfrica or www.youtube.com/FordSouthAfrica