NickFest is around the corner and the excitement has already started in the Vijendranath household. This year’s event is bigger and better!
Nickelodeon (DStv channel 305), Glen 21 Entertainment & Kinder Joy have joined forces to turn the town orange and present the second edition of NickFest at the TicketPro Dome. South Africa’s biggest family-friendly festival offers stunning activities, music, and entertainment for the whole family as the TicketPro Dome is transformed into a colorful Nickelodeon wonderland!! First staged in South Africa in 2015, NickFest 2017 is bigger and better than ever with a larger space, more activities, and even more Slime! It’s going to be awesome.
Date: Saturday 25 March & Sunday 26 March 2017
Venue: TicketPro Dome, Johannesburg
Times: 9:00 am – 12:00 and 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
2 sessions each day; performances start at 10 am and 16:00 pm, respectively.
• 3 X Performers per session
• 7 X Balloon Artists
• 4 X Stilt Walkers
• 1 X Magician
• 7 X Face Painters
• 2 x Soft Play Ball Ponds
• 30 x Pedal Go-Karts
• 30 x Character Cut-Outs
• 55 x Child Minders
• 10,000 litres of Slime including a 625 m2 SlimeFest Slime Zone
• 1,280 giant construction blocks from Everblock
• 5000 m2 of carpeting
Minnie Dlamini and Nicholas, Jason & Donovan Goliath.
Karlien van Jaarsveld
3 singalongs from your favorite Nickelodeon characters will be held in each session, including:
• Dora and Friends – Dora, Nicky, Kate and Pablo
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael & Michelangelo
• Paw Patrol – Ryder, Marshall, Chase, Skye, Zuma and Rubble
Special Appearance by:
• SpongeBob SquarePants
Nick Jr. Area:
• Giant Wooden Puzzles
• Free Coin Rides
• Outsize Abacus Frames
• Soft Play Corner
• Nickelodeon Character Cut Outs
• Mini Putt-Putt Golf
• 2 x Ball Ponds
• Play-Doh Imagination Station with Craft Tables and Beanbags and Play-Doh Mascots
• Squidward Music Room with Musical Instruments to play
• Monster & Robot Ball Game
• Winx Club Photo Booth
• Jumping Castle
• Patrick’s Colouring Den
• Balloon Pop Table
Test your mettle against your pals with a game of Table Foosball or Air Hockey, or have a go on the hair-raising Rocket Jump.
Slime is everywhere at NickFest and we have 625 m2 of slime pools, filled with 10,000 litres of slippery green Slime. Slither around on one of the horizontal Slime Slides, get drenched head-to-toe with the Slime Dump or engage in a slimetastic Nerf Slime Battle.
Swimsuits, towels and a change of clothes are recommended!
Entrance to the Slime Zone costs R150 per person (tickets sold separately at Ticketpro website or at the TicketPro Dome (limited availability).
Amazing ShowMax Maze:
Lose yourself in the Amazing ShowMax Maze and screening area – a multi-level climbing maze and screening area showcasing Nickelodeon content available on ShowMax including Shimmer and Shine.
Celebrity Slimees Getting slimed for charity and showing their generous hearts are Anele Mdoda, Alex Caige, Amanda Black, Kriya Gangiah, Loot Love, Mack Rapapali, Mmasea Petje, Nadia Nakai, Roger Goode, Rozanne McKenzie & Sureshnie Rider.
NickFest Charity Partner:
Surgeons for Little Lives is the nominated charity partner of NickFest 2017 and will receive a percentage of ticket sales from the event.
Surgeons for Little Lives is a charity set up in 2015 by a small group of Paediatric Surgeons, and ordinary people, passionate about uplifting the lives of less fortunate children needing life changing surgery. It was started with the overriding objective of raising the level of care given to patients in the Paediatric Surgery wards in state hospitals, in the Greater Gauteng area, to world class standards. Learn more about this very worthy cause on the Surgeons for Little Lives Stand or go to www.surgeonsforlittlelives.org.
Kinder Joy Stand:
Kinder Joy play & retail area with opportunity to play the Kinder Joy App and meet with Kinderino – Kinder Joy’s fun-loving mascot.
Outdoor Activity Zone:
• A up-and-down Pump Track Circuit with Bikes & Scooters for older kids
• Blow Up Go-Cart Track with Go-karts, Bikes & Trikes for smaller kids
• Free samples, fun activities and competitions from Danone’s Nutriday.
• Danone Stage Area with healthy family-related mini performances
• Healthy eating information and competitions on the Dan Up stand.
Enjoy your favourite PlayStation and PlayStation Lego games in this special area for gamers of all ages.
- Blow-up Indoor Climbing Wall.
- Hasbro/My Little Pony Stand & Retail Space with My Little Pony Activities and Mascots.
- Boom Box Truck from Gauteng Tourist Authority.
- Keep your memories of NickFest alive by posing for Selfies with Life-Size Cut-Outs of your Favourite Nickelodeon Characters.
Come along to the NickFest official store where we’ll be selling a host of Slime-Themed Goodies including Slime Bubble Bath, 1 Litre Slime Tubs, T-Shirts, Towels and Drawstring Bags.
Family Friendly Facilities:
For all your buggies, pushchairs and prams, we provide a complimentary Pram Park, while Avent will be manning the Mother & Baby Room/Baby Changing Area.
To help keep kids safe and sound there will be 55 Child Minders on site.
Showers will be provided for visitors using the SlimeFest Zone; lockers will be available for hire.
Catering & Refreshments:
- Free Ice Creams courtesy of DStv.
- Free samples of Dan Up on the Danone/Nutriday stand.
- The usual TicketPro food/drink stalls and concessions will be open to guests.
Share all your NickFest pictures and videos with us on Twitter @NickAfrica and on Instagram @Nickelodeon_Africa, or like us on Facebook at NickelodeonAfrica.