If there is one thing on our bodies that is hard to correct once it’s gone rogue, it’s our hair. But, treating it with a little bit of love and care really makes it our best natural accessory.
Everyone can do with a little bounce in their bun, which is why Shaughn Adams has put together top ten tips for everything hair care this summer.
Top 10 tips for everything hair by Celebrity Stylist Shaughn Adams:
1) Always buy the best shampoo, conditioner and mask you can afford because good hair starts with good care.
2) Your secret weapon is Argan Oil. Every girl should have this liquid gold to moisturise, hydrate and soften their locks.
3) Invest in a good thermal protectant spray or cream. Your hair should always be protected when using heat styling devices to keep damage to a minimum.
4) When wet, always comb through wet hair with a very wide toothed comb and never with a brush, as to avoid unnecessary breakage.
5) Since it’s not advisable to wash your hair too often, dry shampoo is a fantastic invention – it buys you an extra day before you have to shampoo your hair again. But, this is by no means a replacement for washing your hair.
6) To have hair that is in great condition, acquire a good brush. A good round brush with an ionic or ceramic centre is half your hair-battle won.
7) Invest in a good hairdryer. My recommendation is the Philips HP 8260, a total gem for its optimum heat settings, ensuring great results with maximum care.
8) If straightening your hair is your thing, you need a great straightening iron, and I just love the Philips HP 8339 because it gives beautiful results without scorching your hair.
9) Always invest in a good professional haircut because your hair reflects your personality. It can influence people’s perception of you before you’ve even spoken to one another.
10) Use hairspray. It holds your hair in place, helps tame fly-aways and also serves as a humidity barrier to keep your hair from going all frizzy.
Read our previous article with the talented Shaughn Adams here.
Stand in line to win styling products courtesy of Philips Beauty
Being pregnant can be great on your hair but after having your little bundle of joy, they won’t be the only one needing attention. Your hair will need all the care and nourishment it can get while you continue on your exciting journey of being a mom.
Even though your hair is your best natural asset and should always be a priority in a woman’s beauty regime, Philips Beauty experts understand that you may not have the time to spend and therefore need the right tools to make the best of your hair in the time you have available.
This is why Philips produces innovative Beauty products to suit individual hair needs, all the time. Philips Beauty brings you more style and less damage with its amazing Pro Care hair dryer and straightener range with ionic care technology.
Two lucky mommies stand a chance to say goodbye to bad hair days and hello to a new beauty hairstyling companion from Philips, ready to attend to their styling needs. We are giving away a Philips Pro Care Hairdryer (HP8260) worth R295.00 and Philips Pro Care Hair Straightener (HP8339) worth R348.00.
In order to win one of these items, tell us why you need a Philips Beauty intervention and one of these beauty items could be coming your way.
Follow instructions below to enter. Opened to South African readers ONLY.
a Rafflecopter giveaway