This post was in collaboration with Superbalist.
If you think T-shirts are boring, think again! They are always in style – I’m not just talking about the popular ones like The North Face T-shirts. 😉
The key to styling a T-shirt is in the details, such as the fit, accessories, and choice of bottoms. It’s best to experiment with different combinations to create your own unique style. And by the way, if you are looking to expand your collection of The North Face T-shirts, check out Superbalist.
In just a few days, I’ll be celebrating my 33rd birthday. It’s become a personal tradition to reflect on my past year and identify areas for improvement, and one of those areas is always fashion. Each year, my style undergoes a bit of transformation (hopefully for the better!).
I’ve been hitting the gym (trying to maintain consistency), but I’ve been struggling with body confidence, which often leads me to conceal my body shape with oversized T-shirts and jeans.
Lately, I’ve devoted a significant amount of time to Pinterest and TikTok to find creative ways to style T-shirts and formal shirts. Here’s a brief summary of what I’ve discovered:
Here’s how you can style your T-shirts this summer:
1. Casual Classic:
– Pair a basic white or black T-shirt with your favourite jeans or denim shorts.
– Add a statement belt to cinch your waist and create a focal point.
– Complete the look with sneakers or ankle boots for a timeless and comfortable outfit.
2. Layered Chic:
– Wear your T-shirt as a base layer under a stylish blazer or leather jacket.
– Combine it with well-fitted trousers or slim-fit jeans for a polished appearance or a biker shorts.
– Accessorize with a pendant necklace or scarf to add some flair.
3. Athleisure Edge:
– Opt for a sporty graphic or logo T-shirt.
– Match it with leggings, biker shorts or joggers for a comfortable yet stylish athleisure ensemble.
– Add a bomber jacket and sleek sneakers to elevate the outfit.
You can also upcycle your old shirts with popular quotes (I’ve done this a few times with the help of Canva especially for my cruise trips).
Many brands cater to diverse body types – remember you can get t-shirts that have different cuts and fits so it’s best to try them on before making that final decision.
T-shirts are such a fun clothing item to play with – there are no rules on how to wear it! So, go ahead, flaunt your unique silhouette, and remember that fashion is all about feeling good in your own skin.