This post will be taking me back in time… remembering those moments when my son was just so little.
When all he did was poop, drink milk and sleep.
My son has grown so much … (I‘m still trying to wrap my head around how fast babies grow) and now… well, he is a little man who is on a mission! He spends most of his day playing with his sister’s toys and the rest of the day holding on to mommy. He is a momma’s boy.
We are still breastfeeding so he is super attached.
Even though he has his own toys, he loves investigating in his sister’s room. They share almost everything even the Tiny Love Gymini Move & Play which has now become a play mat in the toy room.
Tiny Love is such a clever brand! They always create products that last long-term and will make you wonder: “Why on earth didn’t I think of that first?”… I guess the reason the brand works is because everyone behind the team is a parent. They understand what parents need especially today in the millennial world.
During the first 3 months, it’s so important to encourage tummy time for your little one. Tummy time can help your baby develop strong head, neck and shoulder muscles and promote certain motor skills. Tummy time can also prevent the back of your baby’s head from becoming flat (positional plagiocephaly). Source: Mayo Clinic.
The Tiny Love Gymini Move & Play can be used for babies that are 1-month-old! It is perfect to practise Tummy time on.
Tip: Place baby on his tummy, facing the mirror: his intriguing reflection will encourage him to extend tummy time.
By the time your little one is 3 months old, they are ready to explore the world.
Tip: Move the hanging baby toys to the appropriate distance from baby’s palm, so that when they raise their hand – they can hit the toy, or later, grasp it with ease.
- The revolutionary arch connector offers endless playtime options.
- Sliding rings enable flexible toy positioning.
- Extra large mat allows for extra play space.
- Getting baby in and out is hassle-free!
- An excellent product for extending tummy time.
What do you need to know?
Moderate the level of stimulation offered by the Gymini Move & Play by moving the arches and toys away or towards baby and turning the lights & music feature on or off.
If baby seems uninterested or bored, he might need more stimulation. Activate the lights & music toy and watch his reaction. Hang up some extra toys on the arches, rattle the toys and see how baby reacts to the noise. Gradually, reduce the number of stimuli to help baby focus.
To stimulate baby’s body sensation and control, place him on his tummy. Tummy time helps babies gain control over their muscles and movement. Move the arches so that the lights & music toy or mirror are in front of the baby. Monitor baby’s reactions and tries to see which features he enjoys and which he could do without.
WHAT I LOVE:
- So easy to put up.
- Lovely hanging toys and music system that grabs baby’s attention.
- Adjustable heights for accessories, so baby can reach different levels.
- The mirror is a good add-on for tummy time.
- A colourful mat that will always leave baby curious.
- Perfect for tummy time.
- A Large mat that can be used in the toddler stage.
- Easy to clean (machine washable).
- Unisex mat.
- You can add on toys if you have extra links.
- Teething toys that can be taken out of the mat.
- The edging strip provides safety for your baby who just learnt how to roll about.
WHAT I DISLIKE:
- Not really easy to fold the sliding rings.
- It is also a wee bit pricey.
Currently on sale on takealot.com for R 1,399. Please note: Price may change.
MOM AND BRANDS RATING:
The only reason it scored a 3 is because I wish it had a bag which will make it the perfect play mat to carry during travel. I’m big on travel so I think having a play mat that can be easily transported would be awesome! It’s not easy to store and unfortunately, I am not a big fan of the 2 sliding rings which help set the mat in place.
It’s a great baby shower gift idea if you are willing to splurge a bit on your bestie! 😉
For more information on the product visit the website www.tinylove.com.