Magaliesburg is one of my favourite getaway spots, a very relaxed town. Vije and I decided to really test the skills of the Volvo XC60… well honestly I think it’s the best way to review a car of this calibre. On our way, we giggled to Vije’s stupid jokes and sang along to the tunes on the radio to keep Kitana entertained. I felt like I was sitting in luxury, the car is beautiful inside and out.
Let’s talk about the features that Volvo offers which makes traveling long distance easier:
Please note the vehicle I reviewed did not include everything listed below.
The car offers a variety of accessories to make traveling luxury.
- It offers sensus connected touch (Control multimedia from screen and steering wheel).
- You can add rear seat entertainment (LCDs with DVD players).
- Electric cooler and heater box, keep your drinks cold in the load compartment, this can be used as a hot box to keep food warm. This connects to the power outlet in the load compartment and is secured with mounting straps.
- Heated seats was a big bonus for us during our travel to Magaliesburg especially during early morning drives.
- Navigate with a built-in GPS which guides you throughout your journey.
- Luggage space can be a nightmare when traveling because baby alone has at least 2 bags, this car has a big boot making it easier to accommodate everyone’s luggage.
- I love the leg space it offers, the seats can even be reclined making long distance traveling more comfortable.
The above features alone attracts me to this brand, comfort is key when traveling long distance with a toddler.
Many of us forget the importance of little features in a car when traveling long distance. The XC60 is the perfect partner for making traveling safe and enjoyable.
- Volvo has a selection of car seats to allow your child to grow with the brand, we were lucky enough to get a car seat to test. Kitana loved it.
- The easily detachable mirror lets you keep a watchful eye on a child in a rearward-facing child safety seat if they’re in the back of your car.
- The door mirror auto-dimming function uses the same sensor located in your interior rear view mirror, which also dims when a following car’s headlights are too bright. This makes your journey safer and more relaxing at night.
- Cruise control allows you to drive in a more relaxed way without having to keep your foot on the accelerator. The car maintains the speed you choose until you turn off the cruise control or press the brake or accelerator.
- Park assist sensors, rear and front is activated when you reverse, rear park assist sensors help you when manoeuvring into tight spaces.
3. Travel experience
- Traveling with a toddler is never easy. Most of the time I’m sitting in the car figuring out a way to entertain my 2-year-old. You need a comfy car seat, Kitana hates the one we have. I feel horrible because it’s like such a waste. It’s a struggle to get her in and let her stay there. I was so pleased to see her enjoying Volvo’s car seat.
- Traveling at night during strong winds and winding roads can be daunting, I was relieved to see the car handled the weather and roads so well.
- The sound system is great especially with house music, Kitana danced many times during our journey.
- We enjoyed our moments in the car together, even Kitana wanted to drive. Relax we didn’t let her 🙂 …
The car offers a variety of additional features, many which I haven’t mentioned above. Volvo even has its own roadside assistance to support you in time of need.
Spending an entire week with this car made me realise the importance of features when shopping for a vehicle. Don’t just buy a car because it ‘looks’ nice. Look for a car that is designed around you and your family.
Being a mom with a growing family, I need to put my child before me and think long-term. Volvo has created the perfect mom car for me and yes it’s stylish too!
I had such a memorable experience in Magalies. The highlight of the trip was visiting the Cradle of Humankind. It was so educational for both Kitana and I.
Please note many features listed above are optional and not standard.
Click here for more info on Volvo car seats.
Read my first post about Volvo: 10 reasons why you should consider Volvo