The cruising season has arrived in South Africa and like many others, I am also counting down to my holiday and planning a little in advance.
The cruise does have a dress code for the various activities you will undertake during your cruise, so you can carry a mix of clothing; anything from white dresses to a bodysuit or t-shirts is appropriate. If you are looking for a variety of cute Men T-Shirt for your partner, check out Superbalist. They have a vast summer collection to get you and your other half cruise ready! Buy now.
Casual wear is recommended for daytime attire like shorts and t-shirts. A more polished look is recommended for evening wear when dining in the main dining rooms and speciality restaurants and while enjoying the entertainment in the theatre, bars, and lounges. Collared shirts, tailored pants or shorts, skirts, and dresses are suggested. Credit: MSC cruises.
- Swimming costumes and cover-ups
- Sweater or a jacket for the evenings – it does get a little chilly on the deck.
- Flip flops
- Evening dresses/ Formalwear
- Shorts and t-shirts – it might be easier to carry more shorts or jumpsuits than dresses as the wind does pick up outside in the evening.
- Something in white for theme night.
- Something tropical for the sail away party.
If you want to visit the gym, you must carry gym wear.
If possible, try to create a capsule look for your cruise so you do not end up carrying too many items – Also try to carry items that do not crease easily because ironing might not always be available for you.
Here are a few suggestions for you:
- Carry one pair of dark jeans, and a few stylish tops to compliment that pair of jeans.
- Carry one maxi dress that you can use after you visit the pool or beach.
- Carry accessories that can help you repurpose an outfit; like a scarf or jewellery that can take a day look to a night look.
- Try to limit the number of shoes you carry – trust me, you might not even end up using them all. 3 pairs were enough for me.
I always like to mix and match clothing when cruising. It is so important to look at the itinerary before embarking so you have an idea of what activities to expect each day.
Cruising is all about relaxing and having fun so don’t overthink that wardrobe too much and wear what you are comfortable in.