Did you know an ordinary jar of vaseline can make an extraordinary difference every day? Yes, I know it is hard to believe this but trust me, it works wonders!
Vaseline BLUESEAL is the original wonder jelly that has restored and protected families for decades. It works by creating a sealing barrier between cells, which locks in moisture and speeds up your skin’s natural recovery from dryness, helping it heal from within.
I started using the product religiously about 4 years back after my daughter was born and ever since then it has been on my must-buy shopping list!
There’s always a tub of vaseline in my house and I even keep a tiny tub in my handbag during winter since I use it as a lip and hand moisturizer too.
Will Vaseline Jelly clog my pores?
No, it will not. Third-party industry experts from the Journal of Cosmetic Science, have scientifically proven that Vaseline Jelly is non-comedogenic, which means it will not clog pores, irritate your skin, or cause acne. Source: www.vaseline.co.za
1. Vaseline helps treat eczema.
My son has eczema. Honestly, when I found out about it, I freaked out! I had no idea what to do or how to treat it because no one in the family experienced this before. I ended up spending a lot of money purchasing unnecessary products because 2 doctors prescribed 2 different brands which didn’t end up helping my son at all. After researching almost every day about the creams available for eczema, I came across an article suggesting vaseline. Honestly, I was nervous at first but after a few applications, I could see a difference.
Did you know?
Petroleum jelly applied on dry patches at night is effective to reduce dryness? It is also fragrance-free and less likely to cause more irritation. The National Eczema Association even recommends using it as a moisturizer for hand eczema.
2. Vaseline helps prevent a diaper rash.
I’m sure you heard about this one before. Vaseline locks in moisture to treat and prevent chaffed skin from diaper rash.
3. An awesome inexpensive exfoliator!
I just recently tried this one!
Combine vaseline with brown sugar to create an exfoliator. It will help buff away dry skin and give you smoother silky skin to get ready for summer.
4. Vaseline helps Soften skin.
- Vaseline on my legs (during winter) because my skin gets so dry and cracked! I’ve tried many moisturizers but found that Vaseline still works the best for me.
- Vaseline for cracked heels. Tip: Before going to bed, rub vaseline on places where your skin is extra-dry.
- Vaseline for my cuticles, it helps keep them soft.
- Vaseline on my dry lips as an exfoliator and lip balm. Tip: Gently rub your lips with a wet toothbrush, followed by a gentle massage of vaseline before bed. This will clear dead skin, cracks, and pigmentation over time.
- Vaseline as a makeup remover during winter which helps clean off my stubborn makeup quicker and moisturizes my skin.
- Vaseline to help soften dry and cracked elbows.
5. Vaseline helps with dry nose and allergies!
My entire family has allergies and I always end up struggling with my nose. My nose gets so sore that it becomes bruised. I apply vaseline around the chapped area to heal. For allergies, you can apply vaseline around your nostrils, and a little on the inside. This will help prevent pollen and other allergens from entering your nose. Vaseline can also help with irritated eyes (apply a thin layer around your eye).
Vaseline is a product you most probably would store in your kitchen cupboard, bathroom cupboard, first aid box and even in the garage! It is so versatile that a tub will never get wasted. For me, it is the best budget friendly product for winter that can be used by the entire family!
You can win a hamper from Vaseline!
1x 450 ml Original PJ
1x 250 ml Vitamin E PJ
1x 250 ml Germ Safe PJ
1x 250 ml Men PJ
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Share this post on social media.
2. Leave a comment– Tell me what do you use vaseline for?
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES:
1. Sign up to my newsletter on the top right-hand side.
2. Tweet about the competition:
I want to WIN with #VaselineSA and @youbabyandi. You can WIN too, enter here: http://goo.gl/SYFXHO.
Competition closes 20 August 2016.
Open to South Africans only.