Only after a child you realise there’s things you cannot do that you used to do when you were single. Your life changes completely, from your dressing to your daily schedule. So I decided to make a list of things that changed for me ever since Kitana was born.
I know I’m a mom because…
1. I tip toe in my bedroom at night while baby is sleeping.
2. I whisper while talking on the phone when I’m next to a sleeping baby.
3. My shower time has shortened as a crying toddler standing outside the shower door invading my privacy.
4. When I’m in the toilet, I have a curious toddler trying to see what’s in between my legs.
5. I’m sitting on the toilet pan and… Suddenly hear the toilet flush.
6. My breasts are always exposed and I think nothing of it.
7. Sleeping in till late has become a dream…
8. I start yawning around 8pm or fall asleep while making baby sleep.
9. I have toys by my pedestal or a teddy bear in my blanket.
10. I find missing items in the pot plants.
11. Alone time with my husband is a rare occasion.
12. I sleep with 1 leg sticking out of the bed.
13. My tissue box has very little unused tissues.
14. My lip-gloss has become mushy.
15. I have a tiny person following me everywhere I go.
16. Watching cartoons as become my favourite program.
17. I have a curfew while on date night with my husband.
18. Clubbing? What’s that?
19. I comb my hair once a week.
20. I live in pjs.
21. I bath at odd times.
22. I find my makeup in the toy box.
23. I have eyes in the back of my head.
24. I’m forever screaming…
25. My favourite song on the iPod is from frozen.
26. I sit in the back seat of the car next to a screaming toddler who refuses to sit in the car seat.
27. Most of my clothes are stretched or have stains.
28. 1 earring is somewhere in my bag while the other is on my ear.
29. As soon as I hear a cry, I get the adrenaline rush to wake up and run towards my toddler to see what happened.
30. I hate the person who rings the doorbell while my toddler is asleep…
31. If I don’t change the toilet paper roll, it doesn’t get changed.
32. I wish there was drive through everything.
33. I have an entire Pinterest board full of crafts for toddlers.
34. I tell myself pizza has all the food groups.
35. Some days I just want to quit motherhood.
36. My Instagram stream reads like a love letter to Kitana.
37. I carry spare clothes in my handbag. By “handbag” I actually mean “diaper bag.”
38. I can change a diaper in the pitch dark.
39. I know how badly stepping on a piece of Lego can hurt.
40. When I put my shoes on, Kitana thinks we going out.